Brief Information Regarding the Handbook.
Focus Sliding Scale
Brief description about Focus Scale
Brief Description about the Grievance Form
Sliding Scale Application
Brief Description about Scale Application
Consent For Treatment
Brief Description about Consent Form
If you have any questions, please ask us!
- Each consumer shall retain all rights, benefits, and privileges guaranteed by law except those lost through due process of law.
- Each consumer has the right to receive services in an environment which provides privacy, promotes personal dignity, and provides opportunity for the consumer to improve his/her functioning.
- Each consumer has full benefit of HIPAA and state privacy rights.
- The release of a consumer’s confidential information shall be guided by the confidentiality standards in the following sections.
- Each consumer has the right to receive services suited to his or her condition in a safe, sanitary and humane treatment environment regardless of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, and age, degree of disability, handicapping condition, legal status, sexual orientation, or ability to pay.
- No consumer shall be humiliated, neglected or sexually, physically, verbally, financially or otherwise abused.
- No consumer shall be retaliated against or subjected to any adverse change of conditions or treatment because the consumer asserted his or her rights.
- Each consumer shall be provided with prompt, competent, and appropriate treatment, and an individualized treatment plan. A consumer shall participate in his or her treatment programs and may consent or refuse to consent to the proposed treatment or concurrent services. The right to consent or refuse to consent may be abridged for those consumers judged incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction and in emergency situations as defined by law. If the consumer permits, family shall be involved.
- Each consumer shall have access to information pertinent to their treatment needs in a manner that is clear and understandable. Consumers will have the opportunity to actively participate in team meetings and treatment planning.
- Every consumer’s record shall be treated in a confidential manner.
- Each consumer shall have a voice in the selection of their service provider. Consumer’s preferences will be taken into consideration and should it be necessary every effort will be made to find an alternate provider as determined by available resources. If resources are unavailable a referral will be made if the consumer so wishes.
- No consumer shall be required to participate in any research project or medical experiment without his or her informed consent as defined by law. Refusal to participate shall not affect the services available to the consumer. Should a consumer choose to participate, Focus will adhere to research guidelines and ethics.
- Each consumer has the right to request the opinion of an outside medical, psychiatric, or legal consultant at his or her own expense or a right to an internal consultation upon request at no expense. Direction to legal, self-help and advocacy support services is also provided.
- A consumer has the right to know why services were refused. In that event, Focus will provide a written explanation of the reasons why services were not provided. Appropriate referrals will me made.
- No consumer shall be subject to unnecessary, inappropriate or unsafe termination from treatment.
- A consumer shall have the right to assert grievances with respect to an alleged infringement on his or her rights. Consumers should expect an investigation and resolution of any infringement of rights. This process is outlined in the Consumer Grievances section of this policy.
The above rights are meant as a synopsis of the Mental Health and Drug or Alcohol Abuse Services Bill of Rights. A full copy of the rights, OAC 450:15-3-6 through 450:15-3-25, is available upon request.